Saturday, October 31, 2009

she loves her some Jimi

The girl has taken a liking to Jimi Hendrix. She gets near the stereo and repeats "I want Jimi, I want Jimi! I want to listen to Jimi Hendrix!" until I put the CD in. The first song produces lots of dancing (often in circles), frequently checking out her reflection in the TV screen, and sometimes a family dance party. The second song results in pleas for more Jimi. "Zuzu, this is Jimi!" we tell her. Sometimes we'll try other songs on the CD. No luck. She doesn't understand all the other songs are also Jimi Hendrix. By the time it's all over, we've repeated "All Along the Watchtower" ten times and she's stripped down to her diaper.

2 comments:

Jodi McBride said...

Hi guys!! Although we've moved to Portland, we are still following your blog and little Zuzu. Both Mark and I are on Facebook and post pictures of the kids (Cole and Emerson) frequently. Yes- we've popped out another little one since arriving on the west coast! :)

Glad to see you are all doing well. We miss our long lost pregnancy class buddies!!

Hugs, Jodi (McBride) and Mark (Pitzer)

Jane Thomas said...

This is one very good picture because of the composition. When your kids are older you can actually have it framed and give it as a gift. I'm glad you're enjoying parenthood. I'm almost envious. I'm single. I'm still waiting for my prince charming, the one who wont turn into a frog.